The Counter Future EP is a preview for the compilation "Counter Future – A Sound Exposure Vol. 3", which will be released in May 2013 on Equinox Records. The album marks the 50th release on the label and also acts as the 10th anniversary compilation. This preview EP introduces the project as a whole. The digital version of the EP includes 7 tracks, of which 6 are exclusive. The amazing "Scars" by Skyence will also be featured on the album, however the original extended full length version is only included in this EP.
Italian newcomer producer Godblesscomputers introduces the Counter Future series with the uplifting and impulsive "Chocolate". Next up comes the previously mentioned "Scars" by Skyence, followed by "After Midnight" from the aspiring Russian beatmaker 813, who recently released music on labels such as Donky Pitch, 92 Points and Activia Benz.
With "Running Circles", the first track on part 2 of the vinyl EP, Rawbot offers a very club friendly electronic track. "Lunatic Dolphin" by Misanthrop is next with punching 808 drums, and leads over to "Crash" by Swiss beatmaker Bit-Tuner, who delivers a more minimalistic, yet deep production. Finally, Haunted Days & Witch's Teat, a French production duo who won the last Equinox remix contest, end the EP with the more organic and deeper "Our Music Box" which satisfies the listener with intricate rhythms and excellent arrangement.
Counter Future EP is the perfect teaser for the upcoming full length compilation. Unlike the album it is more orientated for the DJs with tunes like "Chocolate", "Running Circles" and "After Midnight".
released April 26, 2013
(01) Composed, Produced & Arranged by Godblesscomputers (Lorenzo Nada (SIAE))
(02) Composed, Produced & Arranged by Skyence (Jochen Mader (GEMA))
(03) Composed, Produced & Arranged by 813 (Alexander Goryachev)
(04) Composed, Produced & Arranged by Rawbot (Felix Kirner)
(05) Composed, Produced & Arranged by Misanthrop (Armin Fischer)
(06) Composed, Produced & Arranged by Bit-Tuner (Marcel Gschwend (SUISA))
(07) Composed, Produced & Arranged by Haunted Days & Witch's Teat (Jean-François Dano / Mickael Thomas)
Mixed by the Respective Artists
Mastered by Andreikelos
Project Coordination by SCNTST
Artwork by The Raincoatman
For any comments,suggestions or requests please contact us.
contact: info <at> e-q-x.net
booking contact: booking <at> e-q-x.net
© 2013 Equinox Records | All Rights Reserved | LC 04415